Halloween Blog

 Hey guys,

    Happy early Halloween everyone! In just two days, October 31st, the spookiest day of the year makes its return. With this comes all the kids dressed up in their favorite costumes, parents handing out candy at their front doors, kids running up and down the streets looking for the house with the best candy bars. Some of the best memories from my childhood came on this night and was a night my family had looked forward to ever year. 

    My mom is obsessed with Halloween and all of her favorites decorations get busted out about a month early for her favorite time of the year. Some of these decorations included her fake spiderwebs, pumpkins, ghost stickers for mirrors and all the amazing smells that come with this time of the year. I can still see the whole house as it was back when I was a child, running around the house in my power rangers costume showing my parents and sisters how much more candy I got than them. I remember my friends and I having my neighborhood mapped out like heist every year to go the best houses and get our hands on as many king-sized bars as possible. My mom has always loved this holiday since she was a child watching old Michael Meyers movies in her living room where she had lived. She raised me also loving this holiday and it was something that we both treated as quality time with each other because while she was in charge of the decorations inside, and she put me in charge of outside. This holiday has grown into something I look forward to every year and reminiscing on some of these memories with my family is one of my favorite ways to celebrate. 

    Do you like scary movies? The jump-scares, knives, ghosts, Michael Meyers, Jason, Chucky, just to name a few. While these movies are not casual viewing for me throughout the year, however I always enjoy watching these movies when this time of the year comes around. As you could guess, my mom got me into these horror movies and was a weekend tradition in the Butera household. My favorite kind of horror movies are those with paranormal beings, for example, Paranormal Activity. However, my mom grew up on the more chainsaw-killer type of movies and made me watch those as well. I would recommend that anyone who wants to get into horror movies to watch The Blair Witch Trials, Paranormal Activity and the Conjuring. These are classics in this genre and are a must watch if you enjoy these types of movies. What are your favorite horror movies? 

Have a safe Halloween! 



Comments

  1. Drew,
    I love watching horror movies at this time of year. The main ones I used to watch were the Paranormal movies. However, the main movies I watch now are the Scream movies!
    - Justin Brown

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment