Chapter 1: Intro to Social Media Marketing

   Chapter 1 of our textbook reflects on the usage of social media in the marketing industry and how this can be used in a professional setting, this chapter also provides a deeper dive into the world of A.I. I have gained many insights into the world of social media and it's impacts on our world after reading Chapter 1 and definitely feel more comfortable with the concepts of how it is used in marketing. 

    I thought that the "Daily Media Consumption in 2023" graphic in Section 2 of the chapter was very eye opining as to how much time people spend looking at a screen, including myself. It is crazy to think that we lose an equivalent of one waking day every week by looking at these social media platforms and other platforms offered on these cellular devices. I also found the sample advertisements and commercials provided in the very enjoyable. 

One concept that I became familiar with since reading this chapter was that of Paid, Owned, and Earned Media. I learned that all three of these avenues of media work together to form the basis of marketing strategy and to drive customer traffic or growth. 

After reading the section about A.I, I believe that this is our future and that we all must adapt to this and learn from it rather than fight it, even though this will be difficult to adapt to for some demographics. However, I am really excited to see where this technology goes and the future of this in media and the marketing industry. 

Comments

  1. Drew,
    You provided some great insight into the first chapter of the textbook. I also find it very eye opening that so many people are ultimately attached to their screen and how time seems to deplete as one opens a device. The section in the chapter about paid, owned, and earned media is very informative as it allows people to understand where individuals make an income in the social media world. You really touched on every big point from this chapter and it is interesting to see how each aspect creates a social media market.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment