Wrapping Up The SIM

 Hi guys,

    During our time in this course we have been required to complete a sort of real-world simulation in the work life of a social media marketer at a brand called Buhi Co. Buhi was a "made up" brand that sold backpacks and our assignment was to generate organic and paid posts, as well as, negotiate with influencers to promote their new "OG" line of bags. I thought that this experience was really helpful in terms of actually getting hands on experience building a post from top to bottom and figuring out what captions, call to actions and other items gained the most traction with my followers. 

    I have had experience in the past with marketing campaigns where we are building the campaign around promoting items on social media, however I was never able to recieve that first hand experience using popular platforms such as TikTok or Instagram to generate promotional content. I think that in a real life situation the processes will change, especially as technology continues to grow, and obviously depending on what platform I am using, the capabilities will be different for marketing campaigns. 

    After completion of the simulation itself and earning my certificate, I felt a sense of pride that I had gotten through this part of the course. I have learned valuable skills in content creation through this simulation and have gained a deeper understanding of what it means to be a social media marketer. This role is definitely not for the faint of heart, as you have to adapt to trends and hashtags, while still coming up with creative and original content ideas. You must do this all while still keeping your brand and product in mind and at the center of attention. I found myself reaching for mostly conversions when going through the simulation, however I am not sure if this was the most effective way. I believe that this simulation is very suitable for this course and serves as a great way to give students real world experience building this content and marketing strategy. Thanks to Buhi and the simulation for everything! 




Comments

  1. I definitely learned a lot from the Sim too and sometimes found it a little difficult to stay creative. Even so, I really enjoyed the assignment and thought it was fun to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This SIM sounds super interesting! As a fellow marketing student I would love to try something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sim was super fun and I think it is a good way to get real experience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment